On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:04:32 +0200, Bruno A <sardaukar.siet / gmail.com>
wrote in <1gdpv81v6wm0c$.16njt4o30mdzd$.dlg / 40tude.net>:

[snip configuration management util for Windows hosts]

>My question is: does someone know of something that can do this for
>Windows?

Not off the top of my head, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't
exist.

> And if not, is there a way to register assemblies in the GAC with
>IronRuby,

This thread on Stackoverflow shows how to do it programmatically using
the IComSoapPublisher.GacInstall method: <http://bit.ly/dcF6lf>.  You
should be able to call that from IronRuby.
--
Charles Calvert
Moderator - alt.computer.consultants.moderated