Christoph Kappel wrote:
> ---- On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 08:17:32 +0200 R.. Kumar 1.9.1 OSX  wrote ----
>>Someone told me that STR2CSTR has been removed. Could someone tell me
>>what I should replace STR2CSTR with in the ncurses code, or what to do.
>>I am not familiar with the Ruby-C interface, and would appreciate some
>>pointers.
>
> Actually STR2CSTR was marked as obsolete in 1.8 and removed in 1.9.1.
>
> ruby.h:
>
> /* obsolete API - use StringValue() */
> char *rb_str2cstr _((VALUE,long*));
> /* obsolete API - use StringValuePtr() */
> #define STR2CSTR(x) rb_str2cstr((VALUE)(x),0)
>
> Basically just replace STR2CSTR by StringValuePtr or define this macro.
>
> Wbr
>
> Christoph

On a fresh copy I placed the above lines, in the ncurse_wrap.h file.
"make" worked, I created a gem and installed the gem. (I placed the
lines above #include <ruby.h> else i get compilation errors.)

Upon execution of any sample I get: dyld: lazy symbol binding failed:
Symbol not found: _rb_str2cstr

Perhaps, I am placing these lines in the wrong place. I tried placing in
the .c file but i get the same run time error.