Hello,

I'm very pleased to announce the release of RubyInstaller packages for
Ruby 1.9.2-p0.

As usual, installer and 7z-packages are available at RubyInstaller website
and RubyForge for download:

http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads

For verification, MD5 signatures are provided:

414786eec364c0a5d30bfdf41d840d5e *ruby-1.9.2-p0-doc-chm.7z
b676e771dec15478daefd50dd9757003 *ruby-1.9.2-p0-i386-mingw32.7z
21bf42f7ec4b8a831c947d656509cddb *rubyinstaller-1.9.2-p0.exe

Installer is also digitally signed to avoid alterations and UAC warnings.

You can read Ruby 1.9.2-p0 announcement and release notes at ruby-talk:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/367983

= What is new?

Beyond what is covered by Ruby itself, we have our own set of improvements:

== Updated compiler toolchain to GCC 4.5.0

We thought was about time to upgrade our toolchain from GCC 3.4.5

We have been testing extensively not only Ruby compilation but it's
dependencies and gems with good results.

It is now time to make those changes official. Starting this release, all
upcoming versions of RubyInstaller packages will be based in GCC 4.5.0

== Road to a better Development Kit

One common complain we hear about our DevKit is the complicated steps required
to get it working.

We started the work towards an installer that follows the simplified lines of
RubyInstaller itself and aims to provide the smoothest solution as possible.

While the work on this installer is not completed yet, we have made available
a self-extracting package (SFX) that -- with some easy to follow steps -- will
install the newer DevKit into all detectable Ruby installations.

SFX packages are available at GitHub:

http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/downloads

Please read the installation instructions in our wiki:

http://wiki.github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/development-kit

After its installation, you will see a similar output when installing any gem:

  >gem install json --platform=ruby
  Temporarily enhancing PATH to include DevKit...
  Successfully installed json-1.4.6
  1 gem installed

Please remember some gems require 3rd party development components (headers
and such). Check each gem documentation for details.

= Exciting times ahead of us

We strongly believe that mainstream Ruby adoption requires its best Windows
support.

All the improvements listed above and the ones covered over past months shows
an eager Windows community willing to play and adopt Ruby as language.

There are more things to be done to improve this, but people is getting their
hands dirty and helping out others.

Most important, this wouldn't be possible without the timeless
contributions of Ruby developers that believe in making Windows a usable
platform.

As Yehuda Katz said in his RailsConf 2010 keynote:

  "Find something impossible, then do it"

Thank you.
--
Luis Lavena