On 08/18/2010 08:26 AM, Yuki Sonoda (Yugui) wrote:
> :Supported
>    We verified that Ruby 1.9.2 works fine on it. And we can keep the
> 1.9.2 maintained on it.
>    * Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 on IA32.

Supported also on x86_64-linux, right?

Or is that platform in the "Best Effort" category?

> :Best Effort
>    We verified that Ruby 1.9.2 works mostly fine on them. And I believe
> we can keep the 1.9.2 maintained on it.
>    * mswin32, x64-mswin64, mingw32
>    * MacOS X 10.5 (Intel) and 10.6
>    * FreeBSD 6 and later (amd64, IA32)
>    * Solaris 10
>    * Symbian OS

Thanks to all the 1.9 developers for getting to this point.

Coincidentally, last night I finished 1.9 compatibility adaptations for
a C/ruby simulation engine that depended in ugly ways on 1.8 internal
details. I was pleased to see a 30-40% speedup using 1.9.2, even though
I thought most of the bottleneck was in my C extension code.