On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Diego Bernardes
<di3go.bernardes / gmail.com> wrote:

>> Actually testing on my notebook, apache could serve some image 7000
>> times a second, using em-proxy poiting to the same apache server, i
>> could only get 2000 times a second, and i did nothing on em-proxy, just
>> get from one side and send to another.
>>

>> Have any way to this faster?
>
> forgot to say, and taking that id and inserting into redis reduce the
> performance to 1500 req/s

One can proxy very, very fast with Ruby and EM. Fast enough that
messing with redis will, by a long shot, be your bottleneck.

I suggest not doing it that way if you need really high speeds.

Were it me, I'd write a simple server to itself return the image, and
I'd throw records of images served into a log. That lets you decouple
serving the image with recording it in redis, and it makes it trivial
to break that task up into multiple pieces, or take advantage of
off-peak times to catch up on data loading if your peak times actually
serves images faster than the data can be stuffed into redis.

Kirk Haines