Lars Olsson wrote:
> On 10 Aug, 21:16, Roger Pack <rogerpack2... / gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Any suggestions on how to solve this?
>
> Thanks guys! I was hoping there was a simpler method than parsing
> directory listings (say, like a text file) ...

I attached my TEXT FILE to my previous post Lars.

Look at the header, viz:

Re: Determining whether the running ruby is outdated?
Posted by Dan Rathbun (dan_rathbun) on 11.08.2010 02:38

... or click this link:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/4934/Ruby_Releases.txt

... BUT be aware I have seen the release date vary in the minGW32 built
DLLs by a few days, from the "official" release date. I am not sure if
that also is reflected in the value of the RUBY_RELEASE_DATE constant
when running a minGW32 built interpreter.

You could ask Luis Lavena over at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyinstaller
.