Ben Bleything wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:51 AM, David Ainley <wrinkliez / gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hey guys. I have an array full of strings. When I put the strings, it
>> looks like this http://pastebin.com/eeicUCqL which is okay, but it looks
>> a little sloppy to me. Is there a way I can get the strings to
>> dynamically space themselves so that they look evenly spaced? ala
>> http://pastebin.com/cRcG97sK ? Should I split each string into it's
>> separate parts, and then print them via format? Or something...?
>
> You've got a few options, depending on how sophisticated you want to
> get.  Based on that small sample, it looks like the easiest thing to
> do might be to replace runs of multiple spaces with a single tab.
> Something like:
>
>   str.gsub( /\s+/, "\t" )
>
> Otherwise, you could definitely split it on spaces and print using
> #printf and a carefully-crafted format string.
>
> Ben

Thanks for the response!  It seems to be working, except for the two
packages that deal with AlexanderHungenberg.  With one tab, his name is
too long for the date to be formatted correctly (
http://pastebin.com/g8gEcvhJ ).  I thought that having two tabs instead
of one might fix the problemm but then the date is still jutted out (
http://pastebin.com/CB13TZ6E ).  This isn't that massive of a problem
(Alexander just has a unconditionally long username), but, anyways, any
ideas?