On 30 July 2010 17:59:31 UTC+2, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale / gmail.com> wrote:
> I've recently started playing with an Epilog laser cutter, and I find
> myself wanting to programmatically generate SVG files.
>
> I googled for ruby and svg this morning and although there seem to be
> a few old stagnant efforts, there's nothing too useful I could find.
>
> I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to start cooking something up using
> Jim Wierich's xml builder gem, but before I got started I wanted to
> see if there was anything I missed.
>
> --
> Rick DeNatale
>
> Blog: http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/
> Github: http://github.com/rubyredrick
> Twitter: @RickDeNatale
> WWR: http://www.workingwithrails.com/person/9021-rick-denatale
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rickdenatale

I coded my own SVG class a few years ago:
http://github.com/eregon/Classes/blob/master/xml/svg.rb

It's basically replacing xml tags by their name (as methods) and using
arguments in a better way.

SVGPath was a fun try to go further, allowing to build step-by-step a path.

I wanted to add animations which could be rendered using either
<animate> tags or JS.

I would enjoy to improve it and/or collaborate.

Please say me if this could be a start for what you are looking for.

Regards,
B.D.