Robert Klemme wrote:

> I would create these tools:
>
> 1. schema extractor into a standard format which you define (could be an
> XML representation or just marshalled object model).
>
> 2. diff for the standard format schema (two way, maybe also three way)
>
> 3. maybe also a converter from a given DDL to the standard format so you
> do not have to go through the DB although this might be fragile since
> the actual DB's settings may influence how the schema eventually looks.
>
> Kind regards
>
>   robert

Robert, wouldn't an AR model fit the bill for the marshalled object
model in item #1 in your list?  We're thinking similarly here.  As long
as you can transform information into a common intermediate format, you
will be able to control it and digest it in useful ways.  That info can
come from a DB schema, a DDL file or any other form