Hi,

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Fourchette Fourchette
<alexisdal / hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i am not a expert with ruby at all. this is my first post, i do hope
> it's at right place, please advise otherwise.

> i have some dump reporting to do. The input is a csv file. i figured
> rupert could be my friend.
>
> i got it up and running with the following
>
> # instanciate the csv reading stuff
> t = Table("source.csv")
>
> # remove unnecessary junk
> t.remove_column("Product/Release Xdor")
>
> now i want to filter and search data like
>
> Student.find(:all, :conditions => { :first_name => "Harvey", :status =>
> 1 })
>
> (example taken from
> http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Base.html)
>
> however, the trick is that some of the column names have both the '/'
> character and white spaces in them.
>
> so it would look like
>
> t.find(:all, :conditions => { :Product/White Darf => "Harvey",
> :Solution/Small Story => 0 })
>
> => that is giving me syntax errors.
>

> t.find(:all, :conditions => { :'Product/White Darf' => "Harvey",
> :'Solution/Small Story' => 0 })
>
> => this is throwing instead
>
> $ ruby ruport.rb Anovo-Biometrics-cases.csv
> ruport.rb:86:in `find': wrong number of arguments (2 for 1)
> (ArgumentError)
>  >  >
> I feel confused. it seriously look like i've fallen into some beginners
> issue.
>
> anyone has an idea ?

You're confusing the Ruport API with ActiveRecord. Based on your
description I'm assuming you're using Ruport in a stand-alone Ruby
script and not Rails.

Take a look at Ruport::Data::Table::rows_with
(http://api.rubyreports.org/classes/Ruport/Data/Table.html#M000036)

You'll need to do something like:

t.rows_with('Product/White Darf' => 'Harvey', 'Solution/Small Story' =>)