Sigurdur Helgason wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Been searching the forums for this and come up well almost blank.
>
> I need to access MSMQ from Ruby, but I am quite new to the ruby/win
> combination.
> Is there a wrapper/client out there similar to the ones for websphere
> mq, apmq etc or how do you people solve this? Interface via COM?
>
> Does anyone have pointers to some howto/lib/client/code to get me
> started here, feeling positively lost.
>
> /S
> OSX forever

I have no experience with MSMQ, but it appears that MSMQ components can
indeed be accessed via COM. A contrived example:

require 'win32ole'

mq_info = WIN32OLE.new('MSMQ.MSMQQueueInfo')
mq_info.PathName = '.\TestQueue'
mq_info.Label = 'Test Queue'
mq_info.Create()

Details on Message Queuing COM Components can be found here:

Hope that helps.

David

http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com