Rich Leblanc wrote:
> Roger Pack wrote:
>>
>>> LoadError: no such file to load -- tk
>>
>> This means that your Ruby runtime, when you built it, was unable to find
>> your Tk libs/headers, so didn't build your Tk installation.
>>

> Yes I got that much. But I don't understand why. I followed that guide
> step by step but it didn't work.

1.9.1 didn't build the Tk extension all that well on windows.  It should
be fixed with 1.9.2...or there may be some other bug since I only use
mingw not VC to compile it.

To reproduce it go into your ext/tk library and run extconf.rb (and
nmake I guess).  It should fail.

>> Your only hope after that point is to somehow make them accessible (in
>> your case, by building Tcl/Tk using the same compiler you used to build
>> ruby, then installing tk_as_gem).
>
> My only hope? What about figuring out why it didn't work, fix the
> problem and try again?

Please do.

> The tutorial says do not use the installer. I'd like to get one thing
> working before moving on to something else I don't understand. I didn't
> find anything helpful in those links. If you'd like to link the specific
> page that points to the answer to my problem I'd be happy to read it.

The tutorial contains instructions on how to build it from source...

>> Also ffi-tk might fit the bill.

Do you have any response to this (it's a gem)?

Anyway, to make it easier I packaged up one for you.
I downloaded 1.9.1p429 from http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
then downloaded "„ų•ÚRuby/Tk environment" from from
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/210186#new
and unpackaged it to the appropriate directory.

http://faithpromotingrumors.org/incoming/ruby-1.9.1-p429-i386-mingw32.7z

GL.
-r