--0016369f9ae564251f048b95b7f6

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 3:03 PM, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:

> James's text file has some non-printing (Word-derived?) characters,
> instead of regular spaces:

Those are nonbreak spaces (U+00A0, 0xC2A0) that should be treated as \W.

What's odd is that when I try to scan these lines, I get different
> results depending on whether I'm on the command line or in TextMate.

I thought the CRLF line endings might have something to do with it, but the
result was the same. Another clue, with 1.9.1-p378, the result from TextMate
was correct, identical to that of the command line.

Ammar

--0016369f9ae564251f048b95b7f6--