> Questions:
> 1. In this line of code "store[:this] ||=3D Faunadb.new("")" , what is th=
> double pipe equal sign doing? Does it just indicate that the :this
> symbol points to the new Faunadb instance? Why is the double pipe thingy
> not used on the "copy back" code fragment? Would I use the symbol to
> just keep track of what is stored? I know :this is pretty goofy.

a ||=3D b is short for "a =3D a || b", just like "a +=3D b" is short for "a=
 =3D a + b".

|| is pronounced "or" (note: Ruby has two similar operators || and
'or' with an important difference -- see any Ruby reference).

a ||=3D b is equivalent to the following code

if a
=A0 # nothing happens
else
=A0 a =3D b
end

So store[:this] ||=3D ...=A0 is saying "if store[:this] doesn't already
exist, set it to...".

> 2. In this line of code fdb1=3Dstore[:this] from the restore, I noticed
> that it is necessary to have the same symbol :this, in this code
> fragment, as it was in the prior fragment, because I get an error
> otherwise. Is this correct?

A PStore object is like a hash.  Imagine you used a hash to store some
name and address details.

hash =3D {}
hash[:name] =3D "John Smith"
hash[:address] =3D "..."

When you wanted to retrieve the name and address, you'd need to use
the same keys :name and :address, wouldn't you?

puts hash[:name]
puts hash[:address]

Hope this helps,
Gavin