On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Ben Morse <cornflaik / gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am trying to make a simple ruby script that can look at a set of xml
> files, and make a set of folders based on the content of the XML files.
> As it stands I can import the data with REXML, but when I run the script
> I get a set of errors(I posted below the code) talking about TypeError.
>
> Take a look below and let me know what you think..

$ ruby /tmp/code_below
/tmp/code_below:6:in `initialize': No such file or directory -
XML_EXPORT/export_j_number.xml (Errno::ENOENT)
        from /tmp/code_below:6:in `new'
        from /tmp/code_below:6

Beyond that, is the posted code the same code that produced your sample output?

 44 j.client_name = cname
 46 j.job_name = cname

But, cname is never set to anything before this point (or after).

  9 cname_file = File.new("XML_EXPORT/export_c_name.xml")
 14 cname_file = Document.new(cname_file)
19 puts cname_file

But, cname_file is never used after this point.

 18 puts cnumbe_file

There is no cnumbe_file.

 26    client_dir = @client_num.to_s + "_" + @client_name

@client_num comes from:

 45 j.client_num = cnumberfile
 13 cnumber_file = Document.new(cnumber_file)

@client_name comes from:

 44 j.client_name = cname

Should that have been?:

 44 j.client_name = cname_file
 14 cname_file = Document.new(cname_file)

So, in line 26 we have something like:

 26    client_dir = <REXML::Document>.to_s + "_" + <REXML::Document>
 26    client_dir = <String> + "_" + <REXML::Document>
 26    client_dir = <String> + <REXML::Document>
TypeError: can't convert REXML::Document into String