Roger Pack wrote:
> If it's a dll it "should" work.

How do I add it in a right way? When I add it to LDFLAGS and LIBS env
variables it doesn't apear in compiling... So it runs like:
arm-cegcc-gcc -O2 -g -Wall -Wno-parentheses   -I.
-I.ext/include/arm-wince -I./include -I. -DRUBY_EXPORT   -o io.o -c io.c
I fix it dirty by adding "-I/path/to/pthreads" into Makefile in a line,
where -O2 parameter added.. How this could be done in right manner?

> I think this means that somehow compilation doesn't realize you are on
> windows.

I'm on Ubuntu linux if you mean my OS. And as far as i know configure
script should think i compile it for linux, cause cegcc emulates POSIX
API and is designed to cross-compile linux apps to windows mobile. So i
couldn't understand why it tries some *w32* functions...

> The rubyinstaller list might be helpful, as well.
> http://rubyinstaller.org/

I'll post my message there if I wouldn't get answers here, but... they
use MinGW32 environment to compile ruby for Win32.. This isn't near my
goal I think, isn't it?

> I think I remember wince being removed recently from 1.9 branch (no
> maintainer, little interest), so grabbing a build *before* that might
> work better.  But I don't remember exactly.

It's true. Sorry I forgot to say that I already tries to compile latest
ruby 1.9.x branch without removed WinCE scripts (it's 1.9.0.5,
http://github.com/ruby/ruby/tree/v1_9_0_5). First of all it seems that
WinCE folder there is unchanged since 1.8.x branch and it doesn't
compiles. In addition it uses Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ compiler to
build. And at http://uema2.s8.xrea.com/ruby-mswince is 1.8.x branch
compiled with official support.