2010/7/15 Arun Kumar <jakheart001 / gmail.com>:
> Could u please tell me what is the advantage is to use class methods
> over object method in ruby ? Which one is faster and what make it
> faster, how it handles the parse and controls in depth ?

IMHO the primary criterion for using class methods over instance
methods is whether the code encapsulates an algorithm that is
independent of instance state or not.  There can be no general
statement of the form "class methods are always faster than instance
methods" because this is not true.  It completely depends on the
problem being solved.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/