On 10-07-14 11:17 PM, Arun Kumar wrote:

This is my present, probably naive, belief:

1.  All programming should be as much functional programming as is practical.
2.  When you have to have side effects, make a class to hold methods around the
data.  That way you keep better track of it and you illustrate a well understood
story of what you are doing, which makes it safer and more maintainable.
3.  Then keep refactoring to make as much functional programming as is practical.

--
"It's the preponderance, stupid!" - Professor Stephen Schneider, IPCC member