On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 12:27:33PM +0900, m_seki / mva.biglobe.ne.jp wrote:

> > > In real applications (such as CGI), I always write the method which
> > > build sub part in Ruby script.
> >
> > Can one pass variables to imported files this way?
>
> How about using instance variablies?

Stoopid me.  Yes, of course.  I had tried that without success and I
had concluded that they were evaluated in two different contexts,
while instead I had just omitted the .result(binding) in the import
method.

About the `strange' thing I pointed out, it happened because the
imported ERbLight overwrote the already compiled source.  By passing a
binding from the main source to the imported one, _erbout got
evaluated in the context of the main source.  By changing _erbout so
another name all went well.

I'm really happy with ERb so far.  I'm finding I can reproduce almost
all functionalities I used with the Template Toolkit and I'm sure
there's a whole new lot waiting.  Thanks for bringing this to us!

Massimiliano