On Jul 14, 2010, at 8:28 AM, Tee Dubb <teedubb / gmail.com> wrote:
> I am making a constant network connection that is feeding me
> information, i want to take that information and place into nested /
> two-dimensional array for 1 minute, below is the code that's not
> working.

[snip]

> So after I sleep for 1 minute you would think the @junk two =
dimensional
> array has filled up but it hasn't, what's the best way to solve this
> problem?

Well, *I* wouldn't think that would be the case... Sleep suspends the =
execution of your program until the timer expires, so nothing else is =
happening during that time.

There are lots of ways that you could do what you want... Perhaps the =
"simplest" way would be to capture the time in a variable before you =
start, and check it after every row. If a minute has gone by, stop. =
However, that won't be terribly accurate and you won't guarantee exactly =
one minute.

Another option would be to start another thread to manage the timing, =
but I'm not sure right off the top of my head what that would look like.

A third option might be to use the Timeout class, but that is sort of a =
hack. You should read up on these options and pick one that works for =
you.

ri Thread
ri Timeout

Ben=