There is no official CentOS package for ruby 1.9.  You will either
need to compile* and install it, or download a compatible RPM from the
internet and install that instead.

A quick google search shows a few options, like this page
http://www.kanarip.com/custom/el5-ruby/x86_64/  (I'm not vouching for
it, I just found it on google).

Good luck
--Kyle

* Note, if you compile it yourself, you probably want to append 1.9 or
1.9.1 or whatever to the binaries, otherwise things may get confused.