Jonathan Bale wrote:
> Okay, real simple question, but somehow I am missing it in the API: how
> do create an IO object that represents stdout? I'm using a certain
> function that receives writable IO objects and I wanted to pass in the
> standard output as a stream.

When your program starts, the constant STDOUT is an open file descriptor
for STDOUT, and the global variable $stdout also points to it.

Using the global variable is the recommended approach, as it adds more
flexibility for pointing it to a different object like a StringIO
without having warnings about constants being redefined.