On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Abder-Rahman Ali
<abder.rahman.ali / gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot James for your advice. Yes, think have to read more deeply
> about garbage collection.

This looks like the perfect opportunity to send this conversation way
into technical land.

Consider the following presentation and then GC system:
Joe Damato does a great job explaining GC under Ruby.
http://timetobleed.com/garbage-collection-and-the-ruby-heap-from-railsconf/

I have also been reading up on a GC system called Schism- a real-time,
concurrentnon-moving, non-copying GC for java. I contacted the
university listed as being a collaborate on this Schism. Sadly it is
proprietary.
       patent encumbered it is. If the road is clear, then this would be a
great thing to have in ruby.
www.filpizlo.com/slides/pizlo-pldi2010-schism-slides.pdf

For those who don't know, GC is often blamed- generally rightly so-
for the biggest reason why ruby is slow.

I have no affiliate with either of these links.

Andrew McElroy