On 7/12/10, Erik Lindstahl <makire / hotmail.com> wrote:
> My Rubyknowledge is somewhat limited, so im in need of some help with
> the following dilemma..
> is there a way to create keybinds in ruby? In plain english, I want to
> be able to press f2 and run a rubyscript, how would I go about doing
> that?

We need some more information to be able to help you. What environment
or windowing toolkit are you working in? It's certainly possible to
create, say, a win32 program in ruby which (when it is in the
foreground) responds to f2 by running a piece of ruby code. So, are
you looking at writing a win32 program? tk? macos? gtk? What operating
system are you using?

If you want to have a global mode keybinding that works no matter what
program is in the foreground, you should try out AutoHotKey if you're
on windows. On other operating systems, I'm not sure what the
equivalent would be, but there's probably a way.