On Jul 5, 6:25  䮮
> Thomas Sawyer wrote:
> > Library: foo-bar
> > Directory: lib/foo/bar
> > Namespace: Foo::Bar
>
> > Library: foo_bar
> > Directory: lib/foo_bar
> > Namespace: FooBar
>
> > That being the case I think Ruby needs to include methods to make it
> > easy to translate between these. In ActiveSupport these methods are
> > String#pathize and String#methodize. I would think there would also be
> > something like String#modulize.
>
> Perhaps you're thinking of camelize and underscore in
> lib/active_support/inflector.rb

Oh? My bad, I thought it had #pathize  and #methodize too.

> # Examples:
> # "active_record".camelize  => "ActiveRecord"
> # "active_record".camelize(:lower)  => "activeRecord"
> # "active_record/errors".camelize # =>
> "ActiveRecord::Errors"
> # "active_record/errors".camelize(:lower) # =>
> "activeRecord::Errors"
>
> # Examples:
> # "ActiveRecord".underscore # => "active_record"
> # "ActiveRecord::Errors".underscore # => active_record/errors
>
> Each of these methods is only a few lines. I've seen them copy-pasted in
> several projects...

In Facets those are #camelcase and #snakecase, but it also has the
other methods -- No problem getting access to such methods. Just think
Ruby needs to support something along these lines out the box if the
correspondence should be considered a standard.