Robert Klemme wrote:
> There is no guarantee for GC.  For efficiency reasons most GC
> implementations do not simply delete all objects once there is no life
> reference to them any more.  Even if you explicitly start a collection
> there is no guarantee.
Thanks Robert, I kind of had this reservation in the back of my head, so
I'm more looking for a workaround: in real life, the Inner object would
be an application started through OLE automation, for instance Excel,
Word, Access... The problem is that the application won't close after
sending it a Quit: it will close after being garbage-collected. Any idea
how I can control the fact that WIN32OLE objects are actually freed?
(ole_free does not work well, and I won't complain since the doc says we
should not use it...)