--Apple-Mail-1-836248312

Hi,

I've been going through the book Head First RoR, and in it I've been asked to make a tickets app, and then an events app.

So:

$ rails tickets
$ cd tickets
$ ruby script/generate scaffold ticket name:string seat_id_seq:string address:text price_paid:decimal email_address:string
$ rake db:migrate
$ ruby script/server

Then I can browse to http://localhost:3000/tickets

$ cd ..
$ rails events
$ cd events
$ ruby script/generate scaffold event artist:string description:text price_low:decimal price_high:decimal event_date:date
$ rake db:migrate

at this point if I browse to http://localhost:3000/tickets I can still see it, but if I go to http://localhost:3000/events then I get the following message:

Routing Error

No route matches "/events" with {:method=>:get}

If I stop the WEbrick server and start it from within the events dir I get the same error but for tickets. From what I've been able to find out, the server is reading from config/routes.rb, but obviously it will take this from the dir that I started WEbrick from.

Is there a way I can get both apps to work at the same time, or do I have to start 2 separate instances of the server? Have I missed something obvious??

Any help or input is much appreciated.  I'm running OSX 10.6 with Ruby 1.9.1 and Rails 2.3.8

Iain-Apple-Mail-1-836248312--