Gabriel Horner wrote:

> I'd vote for thor over commander for most of what you need. Much more
> widely used and less verbose DSL.
>
> Gabriel

I've been looking into more detail into the thor documentation and the
specs (http://rdoc.info/projects/wycats/thor).

1. Does it cover what Highline provides ? I notice some methods like
ask? etc, but does it create menus, get password, dates etc.

2. For option parsing does it use OptionParser? (deos not seem to). Or
like most other alternatives does it provide a subset of optionparser ?

3. What exactly does Shell mean in thor context.
(http://rdoc.info/projects/wycats/thor). I tried running the example on
this page but get an error:

/opt/local/lib/ruby1.9/gems/1.9.1/gems/thor-0.13.6/lib/thor/runner.rb:34:in
`method_missing': undefined method `start' for nil:NilClass
(NoMethodError)

That's perhaps since there's no task in it, just a module. So i have no
idea what it does.