2010/6/22 Tasos Laskos <zapotek / segfault.gr>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm new to Ruby and I really like it..or trying to like it.
>
> It's so versatile and powerful and I'd like to take advantage of that
> but there are things that are just pissing me off.
>
> Probably due to my inexperience with it and this is the reason I'm
> writing this e-mail.
>
> I'm trying to write a web spider using Anemone and analyze the HTML with
> Nokogiri to extract get,post and cookie parameters.
>
> But I'm stumped with Nokogiri's API.
>
> I can't figure anything out, I don't know what are the available methods
> or attributes of a doc object, can't figure out how to get html "type",
> "name" and "value" fields.
>
> Usually Eclipse is good with presenting documentation when needed but
> the Ruby plug-in or RDoc don't really help.
>
> I'm all for dynamic typing but this is getting out of hand.
> Please tell me that I'm missing something...and what it is that I'm
> missing of course.
>
> In addition, any code examples that will help me out will be very
> appreciated.

Did you enter "nokogiri" or "nokogiri documentation" into your
favorite search engine?  Did you look at http://nokogiri.org and
especially http://nokogiri.org/tutorials ?  You can also use IRB to
investigate what methods are available for a class or instance.

Relax

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/