On 20.06.2010 19:08, Francesco Vollero wrote:
> i'm working with multiple threads, with a producer-consumer like algorithm.
> My problem is that i want that the "consumer" thread take all the
> content every *N* seconds and after go to "sleep" again,

Why do you want to do that?  If you want to schedule activity with
particular intervals then I believe a scheduling solution would be
better.  In a simplistic solution you can have the main thread sleep for
the interval and create a thread for each task.

Kind regards

	robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/