Thomas Sawyer wrote:

> OptionParser generally works fine --even for the items you mention. To
> handle subcommands just pop off the top of ARGV before parsing (or for
> more advanced use, find the first non-option item).

I just found a great example of how you can use subcommands with
OptionParser.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2732894/using-rubys-optionparser-to-parse-sub-commands

Note that neither this nor trollop will give you information of
subcommands on just typing help. We will have to manually add the help
text, but that's a small price to pay for the simplicity of either. I've
attached a tiny sample. You can run it as :
ruby opt.rb --help
ruby opt.rb foo --help
ruby opt.rb foo -q

Attachments: