On 6/16/10, Tom Copeland <tom / infoether.com> wrote:
> True, yup, Redmine has a files tab but I think it's pretty much a linear
> list.
>
> How much of the RubyForge Package/Release/File structure do you think we
> need?

Personally, I don't see much point to having rubyforge model releases.
A separate directory for each package is clearly needed, but I just
want a place to dump my tarballs. Having to 'create a release' each
time I do that is (a little bit of) extra work. The 'release' of a
file is implicitly stored in the file's name anyway.

While we're on the subject, it would be extremely nice if the urls to
files were friendlier. Something like
http://rubyforge.org/<packagename>/<filename> is what I would like to
see, rather than the current scheme which involves numbers in the url
as I recall. (OTOH, files currently on rubyforge might need to keep
their current urls as well, otherwise you risk breaking external
links...)