> I just did search on github and found this :
>
> http://awesome-cli-ruby.heroku.com/ by Dave Copeland.
>
> Looks pretty good. I am about to give it a spin.

Okay, I just ran it a bit. Looks good. You might consider trying the
presentation (link above) and seeing if it helps you.

From the docs http://davetron5000.github.com/gli/:

What this doesn???t give you:

    * A way to indicate required flags
    * A way to indicate a required argument or required number of
arguments
    * A way to do default switches to ???true??? and therefore accept things
like --no-force
    * A way to have repeated flags turn into an array or other
type-transforming things

What this gives you:

    * A reasonably useful help system. your_program help will list all
the global options and commands (along with command aliases) and
your_program help command_name will list help for that given command.
    * Error handling when flags do not receive arguments or unknown
flags or switches are given
    * Error handling when an unknown command is specified
    * Default values for flags if they are not specified by the user
(switches all default to false)
    * An easy way to allow location-specific defaults for options via a
config file for your app