I don't find the Rhomobile way very appealing. I want to be able to
call into all the Android APIs, write interactive 2D graphical apps,
and basically have the entire world of Java libraries available to me.
Rhomobile seems like a lowest-common-denominator platform, where
lowest can mean some pretty primitive Blackberry devices. Ruboto is
aimed at Android and Android alone, and (if I have anything to say
about it) will not limit what parts of the platform you can use.

FWIW, I think Rhomobile is a fine approach if you want to have a very
simple web-like application that installs locally and works on several
platforms. Of course, I can suggest another option for that: the web
itself :)

- Charlie