So here's the skinny on Ruby on Android (which I've dubbed "Ruboto")

* JRuby itself works out of the box, so you can incorporate it into
any app and start running Ruby code.
* There is a demo application on the marketplace called "Ruboto IRB"
that includes a console, editor, and sample scripts.
* The Ruboto IRB project is hosted at http://github.com/ruboto/ruboto-irb.
* The Ruboto mailing list is "ruboto" on google groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/ruboto
* There is a Ruby Summer of Code project in progress to make Ruby on
Android a clean and simple affair, including things like app
generators, API wrappers, etc.
* The Ruboto web page will be at http://ruboto.org, but it's
in-progress at the moment.

There's room for anyone to jump in and contribute, and of course the
toolchain for Android apps is totally free and there's no restrictions
on what languages you can use in your apps :) What a crazy concept!

- Charlie