On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:27, Morris, Chris wrote:
> Is there anything other than fork (remember popen works) that Ruby on
> Windows is missing now that the cygwin environment is gone?
>
> Chris

	Something that is missing is the ability to build a statically linked
ruby.exe (meaning a static ruby lib and static extensions). This makes it
hard to load ruby into a debugger. One way to tackle this might be a revision
of win32/configure.bat system.
	I've also found bugs that seem to be specific to the windoze versions of
ruby (I'm fairly sure they're in rb_scan_args). I'm currently preparing a
small extension that works on linux, but segfaults on windoze when compiled
with vcc, mingw, and cygwin, which I will post to the list.

Lorien Dunn