Erik Hollensbe wrote:
> RDBI is a rewrite of the notable Ruby/DBI database interface library,
> and is largely complete at this point. It sports a few new ideas, but
> those of you familiar with Ruby/DBI or perl's DBI would be unsurprised
> at its API, which has been trimmed heavily to a minimal set of calls.
>

> -Erik

Sadly, in all these years I have still not been able to find a decent
replacement of JDBC in ruby. I am hoping your rewrite of DBI will look
into this. What's lacking is that no ruby library seems to be able to
give me database metadata in an independent, API way. I am perhaps
expected to give specific calls for each database - and I may not know
them for more than a couple.

So i cannot write a tool or utility that should work across databases.
I should be able to get table names, column names for a table, column
metadata at the very least through methods and not customized SQL
statements.

Are you addressing this ?

thanks