On 11 Juni, 16:06, zak <u.got... / googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 11 Jun., 14:45, Lars Olsson <la... / lassoweb.se> wrote:
>

> > On 10 Juni, 17:44, zak <u.got... / googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi!
>
> > > I use
>
> > > book = self.excel.Workbooks.Open(file,ExcelConst::XlUpdateLinksNever)
>
> > > to never update links inexcelfiles when opend with ruby.
>
> > > is there an excelconst to disable macros?
> > > i can't find anything.
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > uwe
>
> > Provided that self.excelrepresents theExcel.Application object, you
> > can use the following code to prevent macros from running
> > automatically:
>
> > self.excel.EnableEvents = false
> > book = self.excel.Workbooks.Open(file,ExcelConst::XlUpdateLinksNever)
> > self.excel.EnableEvents = true
>
> > /lasso
>
> Thanks Lasso,
>
> yes, self.excelrepresents theExcel.Application object:
>
> class ExcelConst
> # to be filled with all Excelconstants
> # onceexcelis running
> end
>
> #---------------------------------------------------------------
> # make anExcelclass to simplify opening & closing of classes
> # place this in a separate file, and just require it
> #---------------------------------------------------------------
> classExcel
> attr_accessor :excel
> def initialize
> require 'win32ole'
> @excel= WIN32OLE::new('Excel.Application')
> if !(defined? ExcelConst::XlYes)
> WIN32OLE.const_load(@excel, ExcelConst)
> end
> @excel.DisplayAlerts = false
> @excel.Visible = false
> yield self
> @excel.Quit
> end
>
> def open_book file
> self.excel.EnableEvents = false
> book =
> self.excel.Workbooks.Open(file,ExcelConst::XlUpdateLinksNever)
> #self.excel.EnableEvents = true
> yield book
> self.excel.ActiveWorkbook.Close(0)
> end
> end
>
> The reason why I posted the original message was, thatexcelopend
> visible during runtime although I set
> @excel.Visible = false
> I thought the reason for that behavior could be conncted to macros.
> But it wasn't. I inserted your code and stillexcelopens the workbook
> during:
>
> Excel.new do |xl|  instanciateexcel
>
> filesL.each_with_index do |file,i|  let's loop on each file
> i=3-i # array index starts at 0
>
> xl.open_book(file) do |workbook|
> sheets = workbook.Worksheets("Statistik")
> rows = sheets.UsedRange.Rows.Count
> cells = sheets.Range("C1:E#{rows}")
> cells.each do |cell| ...........
>
> Any ideas?
> Have a nice weekend,
>
> uwe- Dj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

I'm afraid I cannot reproduce the problem (using ruby 1.9.1p378
(2010-01-10 revision 26273) [i386-mswin32] and Excel XP SP3). Using
your code, I can read and write to workbooks without ever seeing the
Excel window. It does not matter if the workbooks contains macros or
not or if Excel is already opened. Your code works perfectly here...

/lasso