This is a bit or weird question to ask on a language site.

Your problem has zero to do with ruby and everything to do with what you
want.

If I have 2 web apps running and I wanted them on the same domain (
domain.com & domain.com/blog)
I'd simply put nginx in front of them and send everything not /blog to the
site app and everything /blog to the blog app.

If you want blog.domain.com for the blog and domain.com for the site then
that is really simple, just link them :)

Nick