On Jun 7, 11:26   Į  䮮

> Without having looked at your library, does it support IP ranges (i.e.
> blocks of IP addresses that are contiguous but do not necessarily
> exactly match a subnet boundary)? Perhaps as a separate class?

Not yet, I plan to introduce ranges in 0.7.0, I'm still working on a
meaningful notation.

> Can one do this?
>
> ip = IPAddress.new("10.0.0.1") ## No prefix specified... will it
> assume /32 IPv4 host prefix?

No, it will assume the classful subnet mask (/8 in this case)

http://marcoceresa.com/ipaddress/classes/IPAddress/IPv4.html#M000008

However this behaviour is currently under discussion, as it is one
major break in respect to IPAddr (the other being #to_s). It may
change in the future.

> Also, are there methods to determine if a network (or range, if
> supported) contains another IP, network, or range?   >
> ip = IPAddress.new("10.0.0.1/32")
> net = IPAddress.new("10.0.0.0/24")
> puts "IP is contained by network" if net.contains?(ip) || ip.is_in?(net)

Yes:

http://marcoceresa.com/ipaddress/classes/IPAddress/IPv4.html#M000034

Regards,
Marco