Hi all --

As Yugui announced in [ruby-talk:363558], we released Ruby-1.9.2-
preview3.

We are planning to release 1.9.2 in July.  To improve that release,
we expect your contribution; please test your product, your gem, or
any your code with 1.9.2-preview3.
I believe this process will not only improve 1.9.2 release but also
help your code be 1.9-ready.

If your code does not run as expected, check NEWS [1], especially,
"Language changes" and "Compatibility issues" sections.  And if you
cannot find any spec change that seems to require you fix your code,
please register a ticket to redmine [2] or send a mail to ruby-core
[3].

 [1] http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/tags/v1_9_2_preview3/NEWS

 [2] open http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/projects/show/ruby-19,
     register yourself (if you have not done so yet), and create
     "new ticket".

 [3] prepend "[Bug:trunk]" to subject.
     ex) [Bug:trunk] 1.9.2-preview3 spewed fire
     This mail will be automatically registered to redmine.

For your convenience, I tell you two well-known incompatibilities:

- \d, \s and \w in Regexp does match *only* ASCII characters.
  Especially, \w does NOT match with accented character, umlaut,
  etc.  In other words, it behaves the same as 1.8.

    # coding: UTF-8
    p(/\w/ =~ "a")  #=> nil

  If you want Unicode sensitive character class, you can use
  \p{Digit} instead of \d, \p{Space} instead of \s, and \p{Word}
  or [\w\P{ASCII}] instead of \w.

- $LOAD_PATH does NOT include ".".  This means, it will fail to
  require a path that is relative to current directory:

    $ cat my_project/foo.rb
    require "my_project/bar"
    class Foo; end

    $ cat my_project/bar.rb
    class Bar; end

    $ ruby-1.9.2-preview3 my_project/foo.rb
    my_project/foo.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load --
my_project/bar (LoadError)
            from my_project/foo.rb:1:in `<main>'

  You can use Kernel#require_relative instead of Kernel#require:

    require_relative "bar"
    class Foo; end

  or, you can add your project home path to $LOAD_PATH:

    $LOAD_PATH << File.dirname(File.dirname(__FILE__))
    require "my_project/bar"
    class Foo; end

I give you advance notice; we don't promise to fix all tickets you
register.  Even if it is actually a bug, we may not fix it if there
is any workaround.  This is because we have no enough resource nor
time.  But we will make an effort.  I hope you'll understand.

Your contribution would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>