Caleb Clausen wrote:
> On 5/31/10, Emmanuel Emmanuel <emmanuel.bacry / polytechnique.fr> wrote:
>> I understood that signals don't work on windows .... The only one it
>> seems to understand is kill, and I can't intercept it .. it seems to be
>> a well known problem
>
> MS documentation claims they have a posix-like signal(), which
> supports a limited range of signals:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xdkz3x12(VS.71).aspx
>
> I haven't tried it. I don't have windows. Does this not actually work?

What I know (having tried it) is that on ruby, only the signal Kill can
be sent, and the "trapping" does not work....

Now reading what's written on the page you sent me 1) SIGINT isn ot
supported 2) it is not clear that I can raise one of the other signals
from a different process (the raise function is used within the same
process!)

Reading what's said on ruby on Windows .... it seems to be a well known
problem that one cannot send a signal to interrupt a process ....

Emmanuel