Dave Hurrell wrote:
> The following works properly in ruby v1.9.1
>   File.open("Rsum.html","w") { |file| file.write('xxx'); }
>
> However, this does not help me because Rails 3 Beta3 will not work with
> ruby v1.9.1 and Windows XP (Rails3 crashes without an error message on
> the sample).

Not even 1.9.1 supports unicode paths on windows very well.

Ruby 1.9.2, which is not officially released yet, has made
significant improvements in windows unicode path handling.
It's not 100% (for example, Dir.pwd has no unicode support
on windows yet.)  But it's definitely improved from 1.9.1.

Regards,

Bill