2010/5/23 Hadmut Danisch <hadmut / danisch.de>:
> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 07:55:44AM +0900, Michael Jackson wrote:
>> Just FYI, REXML is probably the worst possible XML library available
>> for Ruby so I wouldn't waste my time with it if I were you. There are
>> lots of better alternatives out there, including libxml-ruby and
>> Nokogiri.
>

> Well, I feel a little bit annoyed about such recommendations like
> "don't use what comes with ruby, get some much better stuff from xyz",
> I'll expect ruby to come with working stuff.

I don't agree to that assessment of Michael.  Whenever I have to deal
with XML in Ruby REXML is my first choice and it has worked out
remarkably well (if you ignore performance).

> The documentation of the libxml-ruby of current ubuntu (generated with
> rdoc) is poor. Sometimes it referes to empty pages.
>
> And something like
>
> dc =3D xml.find("/document-content")

IIRC XPath notation this will only find element "document-content" at
root level.  You probably rather want "//document-content".

> dc.each do |node|
> =A0puts "Node #{node}"
> end
>
> does not find anything either.

I second Robert, please show the document and probably a bit more code.

Kind regards

robert

--=20
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/