2010/5/20 Colin Bartlett <colinb2r / googlemail.com>:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Robert Klemme <shortcutter / googlemail.co=
m>
> wrote:
>> Btw, funny thing is that "klein" is actually also a German word which
>> can be directly translated to "small". =A0"Klemme" is a tad more
>> difficult, you can see translations here:
>> http://dict.leo.org/?search=3Dklemme
> Google Translate seems quite close to that, giving several possibilities:
> =A0http://translate.google.co.uk/?&hl=3Den&lr=3D&tab=3DwT#de|en|klemme<ht=
tp://translate.google.co.uk/?&hl=3Den&lr=3D&tab=3DwT#de%7Cen%7Cklemme>
> but http://babelfish.yahoo.com gives just a one word answer "wedges"!
> I rather like the phrase "in der Klemme sitzen" in "http://dict.leo.org",

Hehe. :-)  You know what?  That's the typical phrase I use when
someone does not know how to spell my surname.

> and that "leo" reminds me of the following "quiz" question:
> Was the world's first business computer manufactured by:
> =A0(a) IBM,
> =A0(b) another American business machines company, or
> =A0(c) a chain of British tea-shops and cafes?
> The answer is of course (c)!
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEO_(computer)<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/=
LEO_%28computer%29>
> http://www.leo-computers.org.uk
> http://www.kzwp.com/lyons/index.htm <http://www.kzwp.com/lyons>
> http://www.kzwp.com/lyons/leo.htm
> http://www.economicexpert.com/a/LEO:computer.html
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Computer-Called-LEO-worlds-computer/dp/1841151858
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/1841151866
> ... When I joined the computer industry in 1965, a friend in IBM confided=
 in
> me that the Leo (Lyons Electronic Office) series of computers (already in
> there last days) were IBM's most serious rival in commercial computing. .=
..

Amazing!  Learn something new every day.  Thanks for that!

Kind regards

robert

--=20
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/