Mark Kirby,

Now it's almost working. I have been able to copy the content of
text_box_1 to text_box_2 with the following code.

require 'wx'
include Wx

class MyFrame < Wx::Frame
  def initialize
    super(nil,
          :id => -1,
          :pos => DEFAULT_POSITION,
          :title => 'EasyMacro',
          :size => [900,600],
          :style => DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE,
          :name => "Ivo"
    )

    @panel = Wx::Panel.new(self)

    @text_box_1 = Wx::TextCtrl.new(@panel,
             :id => 1,
             :value => "Write your text here",
             :pos => [0,50],
             :size => [400,500],
             :style => TE_PROCESS_ENTER ,
             :validator => DEFAULT_VALIDATOR,
             :name => 'TextCtrlNameStr_1'
 )

    @text_box_2 = Wx::TextCtrl.new(@panel,
             :id => 2,
             :value => "",
             :pos => [450,50],
             :size => [400,500],
             :style => TE_READONLY,
             :validator => DEFAULT_VALIDATOR,
             :name => 'TextCtrlNameStr_2'
 )

  evt_text(@text_box_1.get_id()) {|event| show_text(event)}

    show

  end

  def show_text(event)
    text = @text_box_1.get_value()
    @text_box_2.value = text

class MinApp < App
    def on_init
        frame = MyFrame.new

MinApp.new.main_loop

The only thing that I haven't been able to do is to change line in
text_box_1 when I click Enter.. Or any other key...

If you can help me with that I would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ivo Roupa