--0016e6434bd42cd49a0486fb750f

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Robert Klemme <shortcutter / googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Btw, funny thing is that "klein" is actually also a German word which
> can be directly translated to "small".  "Klemme" is a tad more
> difficult, you can see translations here:
> http://dict.leo.org/?searchemme
Google Translate seems quite close to that, giving several possibilities:
 http://translate.google.co.uk/?&hllrab#de|en|klemme<http://translate.google.co.uk/?&hllrab#de%7Cen%7Cklemme>
but http://babelfish.yahoo.com gives just a one word answer "wedges"!
I rather like the phrase "in der Klemme sitzen" in "http://dict.leo.org",
and that "leo" reminds me of the following "quiz" question:
Was the world's first business computer manufactured by:
  (a) IBM,
  (b) another American business machines company, or
  (c) a chain of British tea-shops and cafes?
The answer is of course (c)!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEO_(computer)<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEO_%28computer%29>
http://www.leo-computers.org.uk
http://www.kzwp.com/lyons/index.htm <http://www.kzwp.com/lyons>
http://www.kzwp.com/lyons/leo.htm
http://www.economicexpert.com/a/LEO:computer.html
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Computer-Called-LEO-worlds-computer/dp/1841151858
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/1841151866
... When I joined the computer industry in 1965, a friend in IBM confided in
me that the Leo (Lyons Electronic Office) series of computers (already in
there last days) were IBM's most serious rival in commercial computing. ...

--0016e6434bd42cd49a0486fb750f--