I can't see an error in your controller,
the only think i see ist that you got for your username this parameter:
"user"=>{"login"=>"santosh"}

so what you can probably try is to change your input type into this:
<%= text_field_with_auto_complete :user {:size =>
20}, {:tokens => ','} %>

and your controller in this
@f=User.find_by_login(params[:user]).id

i hope that your column login in the Model User is expecting a String with the Name and not an id.