I can't see an error in your controller,
the only think i see ist that you got for your username this parameter:
"user"=3D>{"login"=3D>"santosh"}

so what you can probably try is to change your input type into this:
<%=3D text_field_with_auto_complete :user {:size =3D>
20}, {:tokens =3D> ','} %>

and your controller in this
@f=3DUser.find_by_login(params[:user]).id

i hope that your column login in the Model User is expecting a String =
with the Name and not an id.=20

Am 19.05.2010 um 14:24 schrieb Ravi Dtv:

> Gregor Panek wrote:
>> yeah that's because you pass only one parameter to the =
hidden_field_tag=20
>> so you got this:
>> <input id=3D"tags_list" name=3D"tags_list" type=3D"hidden" />
>>=20
>> and your value is still nil, so you have to pass a second parameter =
to=20
>> the hidden_field_tag to set the value:
>>=20
>> <%=3Dhidden_field_tag :group_name, "yourgroupname"%>
>> then you got this in html
>>=20
>> <input id=3D"token" name=3D"token" type=3D"hidden" =
value=3D"yourgroupname" />