On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Bill Kelly <billk / cts.com> wrote:

> Sorry if I'm being redundant, but I wanted to point out that EventMachine
> *can* support non-inverted control semantics, with a Fiber-based wrapper
> layer.

And I'm pretty sure I was the first person to ever implement a Ruby
Fiber-based wrapper which provides normal flow control semantics on top of
an IoC-driven event-based framework with Revactor, for what it's worth.

Even so, there's been little success in actually applying that to an
asynchronous HTTP framework.  Cramp and Rainbows are all that come to mind.
 Although Revactor did support concurrent I/O alongside HTTP request
processing with Mongrel.

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh! A Kudelski Brand