I am sorting through a heap of yaml files looking for the following
fields.

yml = YAML.load( File.open( yml_file ) )
    feed_list[ yml['name' ] ] = {
       'description' => yml[ 'description' ] || {},
       'active'      => yml[ 'active' ],
       'interval'    => yml[ 'interval' ],
       'source_net'  => net
    }

My problem is that when I encounter a yml file that contains no info (or
worse yaml designed by someone with a limited grasp of yaml) my program
goes splat.

Any ideas or direction for scanning then skipping bad yaml files.

I have captured the ruby exceptions but I want to just skip the files
before it comes to that

Thanks